McDonalds Create Your Taste

Mcdonalds, Mcdonalds, Kentucky fried chicken and a pizza hut!

I've had constant speculation on this "Create your taste"/"Gourmet Maccas" rumor that has been going around. I wasn't so convinced that Create your taste could make much of a difference to a generic Maccas burger. We went to the McDonalds in Thornleigh off Pennant Hills Road to try our hand at creating our own burger. As soon as we walked in, there was a distinct divide of the "Create your Taste"(CYT) section and general McDonalds ordering. 





The CYT area looked almost cafe like, there was a big subway esque window displaying all their fresh ingredients to choose from. What we also noticed were these large touch screens where you can place your order and pick all your ingredients. Although I found this pretty fun, I was a little intimidated by my own distrust. I felt like I couldn't trust my own opinion of flavours together and completely stressed out. 



I took a seat in a comfy chair with my buzzer hoping that my combo would taste okay. 
I had a look next to me to see a recharge station for your phone or laptop. 
In my search for the best cafe, I always thought of a corner seat with a wall socket and free wifi, I never thought I'd find all those things at a Maccas. 


My partner went for a fairly simple combo for his choice of burger. 
Bacon, Patty, Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Jalapenos, Big Mac Sauce. 
A fairly simple burger and pretty good. The jalapeno's added a good kick, I feel like the bottom bun needs butter or just something even the sauce on the bottom as well because it was a little dry. 
For this burger in particular I felt like there was a little too much lettuce, but it was nice to have a burger that didn't have shredded lettuce falling out of it for once. The bacon on the other hand was crispy and absolute heaven, I would've had it on top of the cheese but otherwise it was a great addition, I should have added it to mine!


My order: 
Grilled mushrooms, Patty, Swiss Cheese, Patty, Tortilla Chips, Lettuce, Tomato, Jalapenos, Chipotle Mayo. My tower of a burger had a bit of a tower going, I was hoping for a toothpick to keep it all together. No biggie though. 
The burger itself was pretty good, although I didn't think my combination really stood out for me. I really like mushrooms with my burger but I think I did need bacon and probably could have done without the tortilla chips. My burger was hitting about $15-18 which would definitely be considered the pricier side of the burger world. 

My verdict is that the burgers weren't great, it is definitely fun making different combos but I definitely think you can get a better tasting burger for a more justified price.
At the end of the day it's still a maccas burger and it shows in the flavor, the quality in my opinion isn't that much greater than what you usually get. And for the time you spend pondering over how to combine a basic sandwich plus having them make it "special" takes the fast out of fast food.
Overall it was a little underwhelming, I'm glad I've tried it but I probably am not going to pick it over a normal menu if I'm at maccas.


//
email: eatventures@hotmail.com
Instagram: @the.eatventures
Twitter: @jayybearable
Facebook: /jayybear




No comments:

Post a Comment